If you’re still subscribed with Bayantel DSL and you don’t know how to change your WiFi name and password, this article might be for you.
Why changing your WIFI name and password?
Changing your WIFI name and password will prevent your neighbors or unauthorized device to connect and use your internet for free. If you never had changed your password since you got your Bayantel DSL WIFI service and experiencing slow internet recently, you may consider to do that right now.
Here’s how you can change your Bayantel DSL WiFi name and password:
1. Access the router’s GUI from your web browser by typing 192.168.0.1 from the address bar, then enter. I’m using my computer to access the GUI page but you can use any device for it.
Note: If you cannot access the GUI page, make sure your device is connected with your WiFi router, or you can try using an Ethernet cable to hook up your computer directly with the router. If you’re still unable to access the GUI page, try this steps on how to check your router’s IP address in your computer:Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard. Then, type “cmd” and press Enter.
Type “ipconfig” from the black screen and press enter.
Check the default gateway ip address usually starts at 192.160.X.X.
Use the ip address to access your router’s GUI.
2. Enter your GUI page’s username and password, or try the default logins below:
Password: admin / BayanDSL / BAYANDSL / B4Y4NT3L
3. Once you’re in the GUI page, click on “Network” from left side, then “WLAN“, then “SSID Settings“. You can now change your WiFi name from “SSID Name” box. Note: If you’re on WiFi, don’t click the submit button yet because you’ll be disconnected from the network.
Note: If you want to hide your WiFi network, put a check on “Hide SSID” checkbox. This will hide your WiFi name from other devices and also prevents WiFi hacking.
4. Next, click on “Security“. Change your WiFi password from “WPA Passphrase” box. Hit “Submit” button once done.
5. You’ll be disconnected after clicking the submit button. Try to search your new WiFi name(only if you have changed your WiFi name) from your device then connect and use your new WiFi password. You’re done!
BayanTel now operates as a subsidiary of Globe Telecom. If you have questions, just leave a comment down below, or you may call Customer Care at (02) 730 1000 or 211(Globe Mobile) for further assistance.
Other articles to read: