How to Apply for PAG-IBIG Loan 2018


Are you planning to apply for PAG-IBIG loan? In this article, you will learn the benefits of being a member and requirements that you need to submit in order to process your Pag-IBIG loan.

What is Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) or Pag-IBIG? a government owned agency that aims to provide affordable housing loan to its members. If you’re not yet a member, you may check this article on how to register and become a Pag-IBIG member.

Today, is your lucky day! PAG-IBIG has simplified the steps and requirements, making it easier to have your PAG-IBIG loan.


Benefits of PAG-IBIG Loan:

  • Loan a brand-new House and Lot.
  • Loan a Lot or adjoining property (maximum of 1,000 square meters).
  • Loan an existing residential house and lot, condo unit, or townhouse.
  • Buy a Pag-IBIG foreclosed property.
  • Buy a property currently mortgaged with Pag-IBIG.
  • Loan on home improvements or to construct a residential unit on a lot owned by the member.
  • Refinance assistance from existing housing loan.

Eligibility requirements for Pag-IBIG loan:

  • Must be a Filipino citizen.
  • Members have remitted 24 monthly Pag-IBIG contributions or have paid the total contributions in lump sum amount.
  • Should have no outstanding Pag-IBIG loan or other multi-purpose loan in dept.

Application requirements for Pag-IBIG loan:

Please prepare the following documents below and submit to avail the Pag-IBIG Loan.

1. Requirements when submitting a loan application

  • Duly accomplished Pag-IBIG Loan application form (you may get this from PAG IBIG).
  • 2×2 ID photo(white background) to be attached to the application form.
  • A photocopy(back-to-back) of any government valid ID of the Principal Borrower, Co-Borrower, Seller and Developer’s Authorized Representative and Attorney-In-Fact, if applicable. Also, bring a photocopy of your spouse’ ID, if married.
  • Certified True Copy of “Transfer Certificate of Title” (TCT) of the property or “Condominium Certificate of Title” (CCT) for Condo Units.
  • A photocopy of latest “Real Estate Tax” (Amilyar) payment receipt.
  • Latest tax declaration of the property.
  • Vicinity sketch of the Property.
  • Contract to sell agreement between the buyer and seller.
  • Proof of Income

2. Proof of income

For employed individuals, you may submit any of the following as Proof of Income:

  • Notarized Certificate of Employment and Compensation (CEC).
  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with stamped BIR Form No. 2316.
  • Certified one month Payslip within the last three months prior to date of application.

Note: For government employees, you must submit the three documents above.

For self-employed individuals, any of the following documents can be submitted:

  • Income Tax Return (ITR), Audited Financial Statements, and Official Receipt of tax payment from supported bank supported with DTI Registration and Mayor’s Permit/Business Permit.
  • Bank Statements or passbook for one year or last 12 months.
  • Commission Vouchers for one year or last 12 months.
  • Copy of Lease Contract and Tax Declaration.
  • Certificate of Engagement issued by owner of business.
  • Certified True Copy of Transport Franchise.
  • Other document that would validate source of income.

For OFWs, any of the following must be submitted as Proof of Income:

  • Employment Contract or POEA Standard Contract.
  • CEC signed by employer, with a photocopy of the employer’s ID or passport.
  • Income Tax Return from host country.

Note: Provide an English translation of the document as possible.

3. Application processing fee (non-refundable)

  • Filing and submission fee – ₱1,000
  • Appraisal fee – ₱2,000 (to be paid upon filing of loan application)
  • Once the loan is approved and ready for release, a ₱2,000 to be deducted from the loan proceeds.

4. Requirements upon loan approval and prior to release of loan amount

These documents should be in the name of the borrower/co-borrower/s, if applicable.

  • TCT/CCT with proper mortgage annotation in favor of Pag-IBIG Fund (Owner’s Duplicate Copy).
  • TCT/CCT with proper mortgage annotation in favor of Pag-IBIG Fund (RD’s copy).
  • Updated Tax Declaration of House and Lot, and a photocopy of Updated Real Estate Tax Receipt.
  • Loan Mortgage Documents, including:

a. Loan and Mortgage Agreement – must be duly registered with Registry of Deeds with original RD stamp.
b. Deed of Absolute Sale – must be duly registered with Registry of Deeds with original RD stamp.
c. Duly accomplished or notarized Promissory Note.
d. Disclosure Statement on Loan Transaction.

5. Additional Requirements (only if applicable)

For OFWs, should also submit the following documents:

  • Special Power of Attorney (SPA) notarized prior to date of departure, or SPA notarized from host country (duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate).
  • If requested by PagIBIG, you must also submit the following documents:

a. Payslip indicating income received and period covered

b. Overseas Employment Certificate

c. A valid OWWA Membership Certificate

d. Passport with Working Visa

e. Residence card or permit

f. A record of your bank remittance

g. A valid government ID from host country

h. Health Statement Form/Medical Questionnaire and Medical examination result conducted prior to assignment overseas. (Only for OFW over 60 years old)

If purchased from a Developer or Corporation or Association:

  • License to sell certificate
  • Secretary’s Certificate on the Authorized Signatory of the Developer/Corporation/Association.
  • One photocopy of valid ID of the Corporate Secretary and Authorized Signatory of the Developer/Corporation/Association.

Other articles to read:


Feel free to share this article...Share on Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post