Updated July 27, 2018: It’s been almost 2 years since we bought our Asus Zenfone 3 Laser and it’s still performing very well.
It still looks fine fine inside and out. Battery is okay. It charges well and it doesn’t go “low batt” easily.
This Asus Zenfone 3 Laser is still my wife’s primary phone and she uses it when taking videos for her vlogs and when taking pictures. In short, it still does what it’s supposed to do – laser focused photos and very clear videos.
When we purchased it back in October 2016, it cost us P11,990. And guess what, it’s still available at Lazada and you can buy it for only P6,695! It’s insanely affordable now!
Well, yeah, I understand that cellphones and other gadgets depreciate in value fast, but considering the specs of this Asus Zenfone 3 Laser, you can never go wrong with it at this very cheap price. It’s got everything you need in a smartphone.
So, if you’re planning to buy a new cellphone for yourself or for your loved one without having to spend a lot of money, I recommend this Asus Zenfone 3 Laser. And to make that you get the cheapest price, check it out at LAZADA here.
You may also want to watch my latest and updated review here:
Display and Camera Asus Features of Zenfone 3 Laser
Asus Zenfone 3 Laser has inscredible features, just exactly what my wife needed on a smartphone.
- It uses Sony camera, which is undoubtedly reliable in terms of taking incredible photos and videos
- It has Ultra-fast 0.03s laser auto-focus for sharp and clear shots
- 13 MP Rear Camera to achieve real color photos and 8 MP Front Camera for taking your best selfie photos
- It has three-axis electronic image stabilizer that creates steady and shake-free videos
- It has 1920 x 1080 Full HD display with 2.5D corning Gorilla Glass
With the above features alone, my wife has really found a gem in the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser without breaking the bank.
Other Features of Asus Zenfone 3 Laser
The Asus Zenfone 3 Laser has other great features that made it easier for us to decide to buy this unit.
- It’s relatively light at 150 g weight making it easy to hold/handle
- 5.5 inches display, which my wife finds perfect for taking photos because she wants a bigger display
- Fingerprint sensor, which we find more convenient than typing the numbers to unlock the display
- With CPU Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53, this Zenfone Asus 3 Laser is really fast and responsive
- Huge storage with 32 GB, 2 GB RAM, enough to store her photos and videos
- 2 sim card slots: micro sim and nano sim, but the nano sim slot can also be used to insert a micro sd card for additional storage.
- 3,000 mAh non-removable battery
Asus Zenfone 3 Laser Price
You can get the cheapest price of the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser in Lazada through this link:
We first went to SM Megamall on October 15. At that time, only 3 stores are selling the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser and only the silver unit was available. I originally preferred to have the gold one, but according to them, only the silver was released here in the Philippines so far.
I compared the prices and terms of payment of the 3 stores:
- Store #1 – Price is P11,995 if cash; +6-8% interest if installment using credit card
- Store #2 – Price is P11,995 if cash; +0% interest if installment using credit card
- Store #3 – Price is P11,995 if cash; +0% interest if installment using credit card, max of Php 10,000, the rest should be paid in cash
I was a bit hesitant at first because the gold unit wasn’t available. But looking at the silver unit made me want to buy and bring it home already. When I finally decided to buy it at Store #2, they said it’s already their cut-off time and they could release the phone for that day anymore. Waah!
I didn’t want to buy it at Store #1 because I had to pay an additional P500 if I go for 3 month installment; while Store #3 wasn’t possible at the moment because I had no cash at that time to pay the extra 1995 since only P10,000 will be covered by the credit card.
In the end, we decided to go home without the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser. Sad but I thought maybe it wasn’t the right time to buy that phone yet and it’s also a good thing because I have more time to review and discern if it’s really the one that I want to have.
2 days later, my decision was firm. I will buy the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser even if the only available color is silver.
So we went to Greenhills, hoping that there’s a gold unit available, but as expected, only the silver unit was available in all the stores that we’ve visited. At that time only 2 stores have the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser available. So we don’t have much of an option.
When we found the store that offers Asus Zenfone 3 Laser at Php 11,500 if cash or Php 11,990 in 3 month installment, I bought it without hesitation. I preferred to pay in 3 month installment because we find it more convenient for our budget.
My wife created 2 video reviews of the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser
After 1 week of using…
We’ve had this phone for a week now and so far so good. My wife loves taking photos and videos using the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser. She gets to maximize the features and she’s really happy with it so far.
There was a time that she complained because the battery drains fast. But I found out that her applications are running in the background and I taught her how to manage them to reduce the battery usage when the applications are not in use.
Another thing that bothers her a bit is the sim card slot. She can use both the micro sim and nano sim slots, but she cannot use the micro sd slot. Why? Because the nano sim slot is the same slot as the micro sd slot.
I don’t know why Asus designed it that way, but I guess that’s one thing that we don’t like about this unit.
We don’t need to insert a micro sd card for now, but if if ever we get to that point, then we might just have to let go of the nano sim or probably back up and transfer our files to the computer to free up space so we won’t have to remove the nano sim.
Other than that, everything else is superb on this Asus Zenfone 3 Laser smartphone.
It’s a good buy indeed!
The features are worth the price. We definitely recommend this if you’re looking for a smartphone with great camera and other features at a very affordable price.
Are you planning to buy a new smartphone?